As I was eating my matooke, beans and chicken at lunch today, I was suddenly overcome with the desire for yogurt-covered raisins. As the craving rushed over me, I pictured myself as a little girl at the grocery store with my mom, standing in the candy aisle. There in front of me is the bin filled with little white pebbles--yogurt-covered raisins! I look from them to my mom, who so sweetly says yes, you can have some. Bliss! As I continued eating my lunch I strategized ways to get my hands on this delicacy and decided it would be at least 2 months until I could have my parents bring me a few "white pebbles." Resigned to my fate of a full ten months without yogurt-covered raisins, I finished lunch and embarked on my afternoon.
But wouldn't you know it? God has a sense of humor. This afternoon we hosted some guests at the office who happened to bring some gifts from the States. As I peered into the cellophane package, my eye landed on none other than what I'd been craving--yogurt-covered raisins! Like my Grammy always says, "Good things come in small packages."
1 comment:
Wow Megan. God even hears us when we have cravings. And to think how quickly He satisfied your desire. I'm glad that you got your yogurt covered raisins. Love you mom
Post a Comment