Monday, December 15, 2008
Pure Bliss
On Saturday I got out of bed at 10:36 a.m. and, still in my pj’s, wandered into my living room with Plain Truth, a Jodi Picoult novel I’d picked off of my roommate’s book case two nights before, under my arm. All Jodi Picoult novels are psychological and emotional thrillers culminating in an intense courtroom drama. These books are like literary dessert, and I’ve always had a sweet tooth. Needless to say, I was easily hooked. After grabbing a second bowl of Fruit ‘n Fibre cereal and checking my email, I closed my computer, stretched out on my couch, and proceeded to get lost in the story. Eight hours later, after finishing the book, I decided to get off the couch, put on some deodorant and join the real world for dinner. As I stepped out of my apartment and inhaled the smog for the first time that day, I felt happy and light. Bliss. I spent eight hours reading in my pj’s. I couldn’t have imagined a better way to spend my Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A perfect afternoon indeed. You've inspired me to attempt as much this weekend. Maybe I'll actually finish one of the three books that I've started but neglected for months.
Post a Comment